Kia Motors Slovakia is company with responsible approach to environment. Proof of this is new environmental strategy 2020. The strategy includes three main pillars:
- Environmental awareness, management and collaboration
- Conserve energy and reduce emissions using green production
- Waste is resource
The company has implemented environmental management system, which was certified according to the international standard ISO 14001. This system commits the company to comply not only with the required legislation, but also to the constant improvement of environmental protection. An important part of the system is regular monitoring and evaluation of the consumption of water, energy, materials as well as the amount of waste, waste waters and emissions over the period of one car production, and acceptance of environmental goals for their reduction
Kia Motors Slovakia has set the following long-term environmental goals:
- reduce emissions and lower risks of damaging the environment,
- reduce the amount of produced waste and increase the rate of recycling and recovery,
- reduce the amount of input raw material, energies, and chemicals per produced vehicle and per produced engine,
- increase the level of emergency response,
- chemical management development (REACH) and raise the employee awareness.
The company focuses on the development and production of vehicles that are environmentally friendly, which is demonstrated with certification of models produced at the plant with the following: LCA - Life Cycle Assessment based on ISO 14040 and Integrating environmental aspects into product design and development based on ISO 14062.
Kia Motors Slovakia is aware of the fact that environmental protection is a key to a long-term business success.
Kia Motors Slovakia s.r.o. has a valid integrated permit for the operation of Kia Motors Slovakia car plant - Paint, Wastewater Treatment Plant issued in accordance with Act No. 39/2013 Z.z. on integrated prevention and control of environment pollution and on amendment of certain acts. The integrated permit, which includes the equipment for waste disposal (Wastewater Treatment Plant) is published on the web site of the Slovak Environmental Inspection http://www.sizp.sk/section IPPC/Integrated permit/integrated permit issued.